Our first order of business turned out to be a tourist visit.
Most of my days were quiet while Christopher was at the conference. But somehow one of the highlights of my trip was just talking with my sister in law- of all the moms I have ever known, she is one I really look up to, and she is so amazing that she even teaches parenting classes. We talked for hours about my kids and how I am doing, and I felt like I had taken a weight off by the end of the trip. I really needed a re-focus on what really matters!
Anyway, on to the fun stuff. Friday night was a big family dinner. I love catching all of the millions of things that are going on! These two girls are cousins the same age, and they had a very elaborate dance going to demo music on the keyboard.
And here it is- the Kaitlyn patented death glare. She started this when we first arrived in Ohio. My little brother Dan told her "don't touch" when she got too close to the Villiage, and she gave him this glare for 3-5 minutes before breaking into tears. She now gives any family member she doesn't know this glare, and leaves them all cowering. I swear, it is scarier in person.
The next morning we went to Chuck E Cheese for some cousin birthday parties. Tyler sure does love slides.
This was the funniest game I have seen in a while. It was like a big giant hampster wheel! The faster you ran, the more tickets you got.
Kaitlyn loved this horse, even if she didn't know how to steer when I put a token in to start the game.
Tyler liked watching his cousins play.
And then everybody else had plans that afternoon, and it was a beautiful day. So we went to the nearest park. Because that always makes sense a week after snowmobiling.
They were so excited to run around! It was a real treat to play in a park in the middle of winter.
Peek a boo!

And then, because playing in a park in January isn't creepy enough, an ICE CREAM TRUCK showed up. I was laughing all the way home.

That night we went to Gary's house for dinner. Maya was so cute- she sat with my kids at the little table and helped them eat. And Kaitlyn is always happy to have a coloring buddy.

And of course, we had to play more Mario Brothers. Gary is so competitive that even though everyone is on the same team, he would throw people who were slowing him down into the water.

And then, because playing in a park in January isn't creepy enough, an ICE CREAM TRUCK showed up. I was laughing all the way home.
That night we went to Gary's house for dinner. Maya was so cute- she sat with my kids at the little table and helped them eat. And Kaitlyn is always happy to have a coloring buddy.
And of course, we had to play more Mario Brothers. Gary is so competitive that even though everyone is on the same team, he would throw people who were slowing him down into the water.
And poor Tyler just crashed. Between Chuck E Cheese and the park that afternoon, he was exhausted. I was impressed Grandpa could still try and play with a sleeping toddler on his shoulders.
We had to leave the next day, but we took one more trip to the park before, and my family came along too. There were kicking a soccer ball around and blowing bubbles, and my kids were having a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment