Our family

Our family

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Projects

First of all, I should follow up on the windows.  They came back last Saturday, as promised, and everything looks great now!  Not only did the three guys from earlier that week come, but the manager and one more worker as well.  So they fixed all the ones they had done the last time they were here, and got all the rest in.  Fourteen windows in total, in one day.  Whew!  Now Christopher just has to put in a new window sill, since we had to take out the tile for them to get the new windows in properly. 

In the meantime, I have been rather busy lately!  I have a few large projects on the horizon, so the first one I wanted to knock out was our Christmas card.  For the sole reason that I could.  Once I had the family picture - which is usually the hardest part - I could just get that done and out of the way.  I haven't gotten them sent off yet, but they are printed and ready to go! (This is the front cover, then inside, then back cover, in case you get lost.)





So, what are the big projects?  Well, this is one of them.  We are going to Disneyland with Christopher's work group again this holiday season, and since I helped out with a sewing project last year they asked if I could help out again.  Last year was 5 bibs for the new babies.  This year it is 25 bags!  I tell you what, though, once I got my supplies cut out, I found a method that takes me only 15 minute a bag. SUPER easy, and I think they look great.  They are even reversible!  I was impressed that Jo-Anns had not one, but two Mickey and friends Christmas fabrics.  Awesome.  The company logo will go on the outside later.



But you can only do so many of those in a row.  So I decided to make myself a bag.  At one point I was entertaining the idea of making this bag for everyone.  I'm glad I didn't, because they take an hour or so instead of 15 minutes.  But I still wanted one for myself!  And by golly, the bag is just as easy and great as they looked in the pictures.



Besides the awesome fabric, what I love the most about this bag is the number of pockets I put on the inside.  Now there is a seperate pocket for everything - hooray!  That was what I changed from her pattern.  I did the pockets on the outside like normal, but then on the inside there is just a large strip that goes along the entire bag, with vertical separations where I needed them.  Well, that, and I put a leather strip on the bottom to prevent wear and tear.  Because I still own way too much leather for anyone's good.


This bag makes me very happy!


1 comment:

Me and My Clan said...

I want one of each please. :) Ha ha, just kidding. You really are amazing! Your Christmas cards are so cute this year! Well...they always are. :)