Getting ready for Christmas this year has been a bit stressful. That's mainly due to the calendars - every year I make calendars for my family and Christopher's family, and this year I got all of the pictures from the family to make them with in the last week. Which gives me very little time to make them. Ugh. I love making them, but . . . not in one day flat while the rest of Christmas chaos is going on!
I got my cards printed, but so far my printer absolutely refuses to print on the envelopes so I can mail them out. Here's the internet version though! Someday, if everyone is lucky, I will get them mailed out. But at this rate, it might be faster to hand write the addresses on there.
One of our favorite Christmas activities is a white elephant party that our neighbors do every year. The group is a lot of fun, and we are constantly amazed by the zany things people find to bring! And this year, they added an "ugly Christmas sweater" contest as well. Since that seems to be popular right now, there aren't any more in the thrift stores, but I couldn't let that stop me. Regular sweaters + dollar store finds = Ugliness!
I thought the guy who came in a festive sweater, elf hat and shorts with tights on would be the clear winner, but we actually managed to edge out that couple on the last vote!
And today, Kaitlyn had a special "performance" in ballet class. Obviously at her age that doesn't mean that much, but the parents got to come in and take pictures, and the girls got to wear special matching skirts and headbands. They had a little dance they had been practicing, and like everything in that class, it was hilariously cute to watch.
Here's her little class!
And Daddy was even able to drop by from work to laugh with me. Of course, Kaitlyn's favorite part was the little treats her teacher gave her at the end.
Alright, I better get back to growling at my printer now . . . I hope everyone else is having fun getting their lists done!









1 comment:
I loved your "ugly" sweater! You are soooo creative! I wanna be like you when I grow up!
Post a Comment