Our family

Our family

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

I have to say, I am rather sick of plastic eggs.

First we had the neighborhood hunt a couple of weeks ago.

Then each of our kids hunted for eggs in their classes at school. (Ack! Both of my older kids.  I have to keep reminding myself: I have three kids, not just two now.  And Jasmine obviously does not attend school or hunt for eggs.)

On Saturday, BYU hosted an egg hunt.  It was free, the kids got to run around in the stadium, and there were prizes in the eggs ranging up to football season tickets, so why not?


We were not alone.


But it went really well.  There was so much candy that every kid left with a full basket.  None of our eggs had any prizes in them, though.


And then we went to the family egg hunt.



We brought 10 eggs per kid, but Grandma chipped in an extra 100 or so just in case.  I think the kids have more candy than they got from Halloween.


And we even lined up all the babies for a picture.  The oldest was born last September, and then Jasmine is the youngest.


And I got a better shot, but only when the sad one had already left.


By the time we got to Sunday, I decided that the Easter bunny did not need to visit our house.  Of course, I realized after church that I had already bought little toys to go in their baskets, and Grandma Jones even got me this cool edible grass to go in too.  So maybe I should have just taken the candy from their stash to fill the eggs.

Oh well.

We did have a great day at church - the program was awesome, as usual, and Jasmine was kind enough to sleep through almost all of her first church trip.  I didn't work too hard on Easter outfits this year.  But I was impressed when I figured out that Kaitlyn's first Easter dress fit Jasmine just fine, and that Kaitlyn had a matching white eyelet dress that I got from a garage sale a while ago.  Unfortunately, this was as cooperative as Kaitlyn would be for the pictures.


What do you think, do my girls look alike?  Kaitlyn was a few weeks older here, but this her in the Easter dress.


And here is Jasmine.


The poses might not be the same, but I think they are a lot alike.  Jasmine certainly has more hair though!

No comments: