Our family

Our family

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bobblehead Squish

Those are my two favorite nicknames for Jasmine right now.  Ever since she was born, she bobbles her head when she tried to hold it up, and it is rather fun to watch.  And she is so squishy!

I also call her my miracle child, because she has magically taught herself to sleep through the night.  I can't tell you how many hours I spent pacing and reading new techniques and crying in frustration because Tyler was waking up once and hour for months.  I thought Kaitlyn was great because she started sleeping through at 13 months old.  But this girl just slowly started sleeping from 8pm to 4am, and then going back down until morning.  And then the night after my mom flew out, she found her new best friend.  Almost there . . .


Found it!

I've never had a thumb sucker before, but now when she wakes up at night I hear this slurping sound and then silence all over again.  In fact, more than once I have noticed her fussing for a nap and thought "oh, I'll get her as soon as I finish  ___", and by the time I come back to her she is fast asleep sucking her thumb.  Granted, she has the occasional nap where she will only sleep as long as I hold her, but I can handle that since I know she might put herself out for the next one.  I know I will have an awful time training her out of this someday, but for now, I think it is awesome.

I tried taking some "3 month" pictures of her yesterday, but I wasn't thrilled with how they turned out.  There are so many times that I am really glad I don't get paid to take pictures of people!  Since it is me, I can just try again another day.  But these did capture her personality a bit, so I'll share them anyway.

Of course, I couldn't find the matching onesie when I was rushing out the door, and used a plain white one instead.  And the hairbow went missing too.  But I still love these ballet tights my mom got for her!  Aren't they hilarious?


She has started talking a lot lately, and that is always a fun baby stage.

Her other favorite pastime recently has been inspecting her bracelet.  Honestly, she does this close to an hour a day.


Most amazing object EVER, I guess.  See what I mean about squishy though?


Such a sweet baby!

2 comments:

Merfy said...

Hooray for a sleeping baby!

Karen Brothersen said...

I loved all the fun pics! You are so funny with your dialog of picture taking with your ballerina. That was hilarious and true for all the rest of us!