Our family

Our family

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fourth of July

I love the Fourth of July!


This holiday always reminds me of my Grandma Jones.  She LOVED all things patriotic, and had tons of American and especially Navy decorations all over her house.  I have a lot of memories of spending the holiday at her house, watching my uncle attempt to set off fireworks into the corn field behind her.


Christopher took the kids down to see the parade, and I set up everything for the party.  It was a perfect day to just relax in the shade.  And the kid's craft table went over rather well again this year!


I think we wore out Tyler though.


We ended up spending the whole week at the cabin.  I had fun finishing my new sign, among other projects.

I even gave Miss Four Month Old her first taste of food.  Before . . .


And after.  She did not care for it.  If any food got in, it was an accident, in her mind.  But it sure is funny to try.


And we finally switched out the big ping-pong table to a cheap foosball table!  The kids love it, and it is great to have something they can actually attempt to play.


No comments: