Our family

Our family

Sunday, August 5, 2012

August already?

Summer is running away from me.  The last few weeks have been the type where I felt really busy the whole time, but looking back, I have no idea what we have been doing.  We've spent a lot of time at the cabin, and Tyler is now all done with summer school.

I do know that we went up to Idaho for a quick triathlon.  This was Christopher's second year running the Spudman, and since he really hadn't trained since the Ironman, he did about as well last year as this year.  He was happy with it though, and said it was a lot of fun.  I was mostly loving how much we learned from last year.  Last year we were in a hotel room an hour away, and I spent my whole morning trying to keep track of the kids while watching bikers zoom past me and never finding Christopher.  In fact, I think the first time I caught him was the finish line, and the kids were beyond bored.  This year, I knew right where to watch for him, and he knew to look for me in those spots.  We were so relaxed that we had a great time, and we even got a box of our favorite doughnuts to cart around with us.

Hence, Tyler's chocolate smile while we waited for Daddy to finish the swim.

Of course, this was another reason the day went so well.  We got them these little computers to play with, and they honestly play with those things for hours.  Especially Tyler.


I have no idea who Kaitlyn was shooting death glares at, but I thought it was cute that they drifted off to sit under a tree while I waited.

Anyway, Daddy had a great day, so all was well.


Jasmine also hit five months old.  She has entered that hilarious stage where she can roll from her back to her front very quickly, but typically hates being on her tummy.  So then she cries and flails like a stuck turtle.


She's getting better at tummy time though.


And of course, she has found her toes.  They are always fun to grab and play with.


She still doesn't believe me about the "food on a spoon" bit though.  She gives me weird faces and kicks the food out with her tongue.


But the smiles make up for it.  Such a sweetie.


We had some friends up to the cabin this weekend, and that was lots of fun.  We love any excuse to have a campfire.  Even if it is a bit cold, and Jasmine has to wear a hilarious hat to stay warm.



And they sure loved the swing.  These two girls both have wispy, blonde, curly hair about the same length, and are both skinny little girls about the same age.  In fact, they got mixed up more than once this weekend by their own parents.



Such fun.

No comments: