Our family

Our family

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween turns into Christmas

Just a few more pictures of the kids in their costumes!  I have to take pictures as they head out to Trick or Treat.


At first, Daddy took off without Jasmine because he assumed she wouldn't be interested and would just drag them down.  But she was absolutely in love with the whole thing!  She loved trotting along with the big kids with her very important bucket, and was just thrilled to charm everyone who opened their door.  It was Kaitlyn who complained and said she was tired of walking and done!

Oh, and you can see that I couldn't find Cookie Monster's hairbow in time before I sent them off that night.  I found it after they left . . . and I could see which kid got a hold of it.  A before and after:


Serves me right for using Cookie Crisp on the hairbow.  My little cookie monster tried to eat her hairbow!

Anyway, since Kaitlyn was tired, we headed over to Ken's Halloween extravaganza.  That never dissapoints.  Kaitlyn loved talking to the mermaids that were swimming in his pool and the spooky lady behind the mirror, Jasmine liked the graveyard walk, and Tyler ever so obediently checked out the tarantula he was given to hold.


There is no way on earth I would ever hold that thing.  But the snakes were cool.

Once Halloween was all wrapped up, I was moving on quickly.  Time to get Christmas going!  Normally I am not that impatient, but my December is filling up quickly.  I am usually really busy getting the calendars printed off, and now it looks like that is when we will be re-carpeting the entire top floor of our house.  Which essentially means moving everything we own for a day or two, and painting at least two rooms and a amazing number of baseboards.  So my goal is to get everything I can do early, done early this year.

First up is family pictures (so I can make a Christmas card and get that sent off).  I was worried we would be stuck in cold weather again, but thankfully the weather cleared and my husband's schedule cleared on the same day!  I tried a new location this year, and it was a fun one.  I had never been to this little beach before, but the kids had a blast checking it out.  And I even got a friend to come and click the shutter for me, which is always a HUGE help.



I always end up splicing pictures together to get everyone smiling.  But I swear, that was the best shot of Tyler in that spot.  He hates having the sun in his eyes!  That was one downside to this location, since there was no shade.


But the upside was this beautiful sunset shining on the mountains!







Poor Christopher has never cared much for family pictures.  He did a good job not grumbling out loud this year.  But I don't get it- I LOVE having cute pictures of us all together!  I always hang them all over the house and my phone and look at them all the time.  Oh well.

So the Christmas card is almost finished and ready to be printed off, I have a lot of presents bought (along with the Christmas jammies I snagged this morning), and I think I'll start working on the calendars fairly soon.  But don't worry, I won't put up the tree or bring out the music yet!  I'll leave that to every store in town.

No comments: