Kaitlyn has been desperately hoping to lose a tooth for a long time now! In fact, when she finally lost it (pulled it out at Arctic Circle), she was literally jumping up and down with glee and bragging to every single person in the restaurant play area. When I peeked on her that night, she had taped a flashlight to her sheets to shine on her tooth so the tooth fairy couldn't possibly miss it! I wish I could have taken a picture of that without waking her up, but she was sleeping pretty lightly that night.
So my mom sent us a new sewing kit to make. A tooth pillow with a pocket ready for her next tooth!
She thinks it is hilarious that the tooth is a fairy, with pink wings and a crown. "Get it? The TOOTH fairy!!"
She got another big addition to her room this week, but this is one Mommy is the most excited about. Ever since we got our first dress-up clothes, they have been in a plastic bin in the corner of our family room. We outgrew the bin years ago, but we would just smash down the pile and tuck it behind a chair. As much as I wanted to pretend the mess wasn't back there, it just kept getting worse.
Pinterest to the rescue! A dress-up closet!
I started with the plans on Ana White (if you've never wandered through her site, it is amazing), but improvised from there. I wanted a shelf on the bottom for bins, and a shelf on top as well. I was too lazy to curve the top, but I did paint the shelves pink and purple. Not that you can tell once it is filled up! And of course, I got a mirror on one end so they can see how they look. The bin on top is what used to contain the whole lot - and now it is filled with just the hats! I thought I was going to put hooks on the other side for the hats, but apparently I had a lot more than I thought I did. So the bin stays. Not as elegant, but very functional.
I cannot tell you how happy I am about this. Now they aren't a wrinkled pile! Now Kaitlyn can actually see all of them to pick what she wants to wear! Now I won't find her jeans and shirts in there weeks after she changed into a dress up and left them in the bin! Hallelujah! Jasmine has actually started to get into the dress ups too, which is really cute.
And this was actually the final part of the process, as well. I now have all toys out of the first floor of my house! There has always been a big bin in the family room, but all they ever did was spread them over the floor and leave them there. I've just had it. So now, all of the toys are up in their rooms. We purged a LOT of the toys over Christmas and the new carpet and everything, so everything has a place and only stays if it has a purpose. I feel free!


No comments:
Post a Comment