Our family

Our family

Monday, July 25, 2016

Payson Lakes

Since the camping trip was scheduled before the kitchen renovation was, off we went.  The best part was that we had friends snag a camping spot close to us.  The campground was only an hour from our house, too.


And beautiful.


We were lucky enough to have a neighbor that let us borrow his little kayaks, and was the highlight of the trip.  If you look close, you can see Kaitlyn and her best friend Lily on the far shore.


Kaitlyn wanted to spend the entire weekend fishing.


I loved the paved path that goes around the entire lake.  We all loved walking around!  In fact, Tyler even asked to walk around once all by himself.  Since he had done it a few times, and there was only one path, I let him go and crossed my fingers until he came back, all smiles at his own little adventure.


Oh, the "tiny pop".  Jasmine found these at the grocery store and was truly amazed that they were "just my size!"  She was beyond thrilled any time we let her have one of those.


The funniest part was when she asked me if she could try the "tiny boats" all by herself.  Once again, I had to sit there and ponder the worst case scenario before shrugging my shoulders.  Sure, why not.  I had another kayak, so I could just go fetch her when she got stranded a few yards out.


I never would have guessed, but she picked up the paddle and started steering herself like a pro.  She just paddled around, truly proud of herself.  When Christopher made it back to where we were, I pointed her out and he did a full double take at the tiny little girl out there.


Success!


My camera was a failure here, though.  It was such a bummer, since I knew that my good camera would pick up all the amazing colors in the background sunset.  The waterproof camera didn't stand a chance, I guess.


At least it figured out this shot.


My other favorite part of the weekend was our camping spot.  We had a huge are by the firepit with lots of trees for our hammocks.


No comments: