Our family

Our family

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Bryce Canyon

I'm very behind in my blogging again, but I'm hoping that I can catch up slowly.

A couple of weeks after Kaitlyn's baptism, we took a trip to Bryce Canyon.  I felt so guilty about not having Christopher with us when we went to Bryce the year before.  That winter was a really warm one with almost no snow, but the kids and I managed to go down the weekend of a blizzard that knocked out the power.  Since this year was a really snowy one, we thought it would be fun to repeat the trip with Daddy this time.

There wasn't much snow this time, of course.  It was a warm weekend instead.  We made the most if it.

2015:


2016:

Just a bit different.


I think the kids were happier NOT tromping around in that much fresh powder, though.


Kaitlyn told me she was tired and just wanted to rest by this tree.  She looked so cute there I had to take a picture.


And Daddy just had to interrupt. :)

The next morning, Tyler and I headed out early to see the sunrise and take some pictures.  None of the pictures turned out quite as good as I hoped, but it was still a fun morning with my little guy.




And later we explored some spot that I hadn't the year before.  This lookout point was incredibly high up!


Christopher was drawn to the solar panel system they installed since the last time I was there.  It was a good idea, since the last time I was in that ranger station, they were all standing in the dark with no power.  My husband gets pretty geeky about solar panels and LED lights.


And we had fun in the hotel pool again, of course.  The first time we went there were over 50 people in that pool, and the echoing noise was just too much.  There was a big family reunion and a large scout troop.  But once those cleared out, we had a lot more fun.



No comments: