Our family

Our family

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Family pictures

I had told Christopher that we weren't going to do family pictures this year.  We had a lot of things going on, and I just didn't feel up to matching outfits and dragging my crew through that.  Unfortunately, when I started gathering pictures to make our Christmas card, I realized that I didn't have a single good picture with all of us together.  One at Arches National Park with us in mismatched camping clothes, and one in Legoland when I hadn't done my hair or makeup or anything that day.  So I told him that he was stuck doing at least the bare minimum in the cold and snow.

I posted on facebook that I wanted someone to trade with, and thankfully a neighbor also wanted family pictures without paying for them.  So we met at the same location, took pictures of our own kids, and then took turns taking pictures of the other's family.  Perfect.



Photographer's trick - they were blowing instant potato flakes.









It was really, really cold, though.  The kids were not all that happy, despite the smiles I managed to get on camera.  The girls were mostly upset about cold toes as they waded through a foot of snow in dress flats.


I think that picture sums it up.  Oh well!  I got what I needed- a few good shots for the card, and to hang on the wall for a year.  Sorry sweetie!

No comments: