Our family

Our family

Friday, August 11, 2017

Bear lake

This year, we replaced the Lake Powell trip with a trip to Bear Lake.  My brother in law was hosting his wife's family on their houseboat instead, and so it was a good year to try out a new trip.  And while the houseboat is always amazing, I really loved this trip!

I loved that each family could pick a spot that worked for them.  We brought our trailer, and then families either got a tent site or cabin, depending on what they wanted to stay in.  Some families had to leave early, too, which was always tricky with the houseboat.  And while it was by far the most we have ever paid for a trailer spot, it really was a great camp.  Our kids were in the pool constantly, even when it had been raining an hour before.




And our fancy trailer spot came with a hot tub enclosed in a fenced yard.  It made a great movie night!



Jasmine and Savanna played mini-golf almost non stop.  She mostly just pushed the ball around, but as long as she loved it, I wasn't going to impose rules on her.


It really did rain and rain, though.  For a while we were worried we wouldn't get to go outside and play much, which made me even more grateful for my sister-in-law's foresight in buying little crafts for the kids to make.  Those smore's crowns were a big hit.

And then, on our last day, the clouds parted and we had a beautiful, sunny day!


The water was colder than Lake Powell, to be sure, but not as cold as I thought it would be. 



I'm so glad we brought along our kayaks. We had a lot of fun with those.


And of course, I made sure that we rented the mega-bikes!  It was a tradition with my extended family, and so I was excited to try them again.  Which is funny, to be honest, because mostly I remember how awful the event always was!  They were ridiculously hard to pedal when your bike is more toddlers than adults.  This time we opted for the "train", and it wasn't too bad.  If it wasn't for Tyler's shorts malfunctions (they wouldn't stop falling down while was scootering next to the bike, and we couldn't catch up), it actually went pretty well.



The shakes made it all worth it.


No comments: