Our family

Our family

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Valentine's Day

Tyler has basically aged out of Valentine's Day at school, but the girls still had some fun.  Kaitlyn needed to make a box, and decided she would like a Stranger Things box. With cute Harry Potter Valentines to give away.


One character really likes Eggo waffles, I guess, which for us meant that we had enough frozen waffles to last months and months.

I signed up to do a "center" in her class for many of the holidays this year.  When I searched Pinterest for a Valentine's activity, I found an awesome idea to create Binary code from pony beads on pipe cleaners.  It took a bit of work to make sheets for everyone, but her teacher absolutely loved it!  My favorite part was switching it from putting all the beads on a bracelet, like the Pinterest person had, to forming the pipe cleaner into the letter of the code they just made.  I had trouble figuring out how to keep the letters on there- I tried staples - but poking a hole though and folding the pipe cleaner back worked perfectly.  And I think the kids had fun, too.  I told them they were learning a special "robot language".


Kaitlyn was sad that "you never help in MY class!" so I volunteered in her room, too.  I manned the cookie decorating station.




No comments: