Our family

Our family

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hairbows: the new hobby


I think everyone who knows me knows of the baby shoes obsession last year. I currently have a huge pile of leather in my basement, and have been meaning to get back to that for a while. But now I have a girl. A bald girl, to be exact. So headbands with adorable bows have been my new best friend. They are EVERYWHERE at craft shows in this area, and it turns out there is a reason why. If you buy ribbon in the store, it is $2 for 18 feet. If you buy it in bulk online, it is $2.65 for 20 YARDS. So I am signed up to teach a class on them for a RS night coming up. They cost $3-5 at craft shows, but the onese we are making will be 40 cents each!




Here they are. We have a candy corn for Halloween, a butterfly (which Kaitlyn is wearing in the top picture), a Christmas Tree, an "infant bow" (which is a tiny bow that can be any color at all), and a "korker" spiral bow. The korker can be 4th of July as shown or blue and white for BYU, red/white/black for U of U, or anything else you want.

The sad part: no one has signed up yet. Not even one person! Hopefully someone will sign up soon, but in the meantime, I am the only one enjoying the oodles of ribbon. So now I am offering this to all my friends and family who take the time to read my blog. If anyone wants to make them, let me know and come on over. That limits things to Utah, but they are probably more trouble to ship than they are worth. I will be in Ohio in August and my mom wants me to teach a class while I am there as well, so if anyone is over there and wants to make some let me know.


I know this one is too big for her. It is meant for an older girl's pony tail. But I think she looks hilarious with a small planet attached to her head.

As a shameless pitch, let me tell you how cool these are. There are a lot of bows we could make, but the ones I selected are the ones that were easy to make but looked really awesome. They can be used on headbands (like my daughter is modeling) when they are infants, or clipped right into their hair once they have enough for pig tails and pony tails. Also, if you don't have any daughters or baby showers on your horizon, I have magnets so they can go on your fridge to hold messages, etc.


Let me know if you want to come over and make any! I suppose I could try to make a business out of them, but like the baby shoes, I would much rather just pass the savings on to my friends than spend hours making them for a profit.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness you are so talented!! I love your bows!! I wish I were in Ohio!! I am bow crazy!! My little girl has soooo much hair! Your little girl is so cute! I love the small "planet" on her head!! To cute!!