About a month ago, I decided that I would start working on Tyler's bedroom. His room is currently in exactly the condition we found it in, which is a bad thing when you buy a repo house. I have been waiting to start until we knew what he was "into" for a theme for the room, whether that was space or cowboys or football, etc. It turns out that Tyler loves anything with wheels, and a significant portion of his vocabulary is now the names of construction equipment. So I spent hours on the internet and bought a bedspread for a twin bed. The plan was to use the blue from the quilt to paint below the chair rail in the room, then paint the chair rail brown and have "dirt" sponge painted along the top of it with little construction trucks going around in a border.
But then I got the quilt, and it turns out that instead of the denim/dark navy blue I was hoping for, I got a primary blue instead. I washed it (it was "gently used" off ebay) and set it out today to think about how to cope with the fact that I didn't love the blue. Sell it and buy a new one? And then Tyler ran in and climbed up on the bed with me. "Tuck-ck-ck!" His whole face lit up as he spotted a truck. He likes the "ck" sound, if you couldn't tell. "Bull-do-do!" Yes, there is a bulldozer too! And then I got to thinking, am I trying to make his room look like a magazine spread, or make a little boy happy? Because he doesn't care what color blue the walls get painted. He was just really happy to spot a digger on his bedspread.
"Tuck-ck-ck!"
He won me over. The bedspread stays. Hopefully I will have more pictures to come as I get the rest of my dream fleshed out!
1 comment:
That is so cute! Good for you! Ya, we do need to get together. I'm glad you liked the portobello meal. I love it! Anyway, I can't wait to see Tyler's room all finished. I'm sure it will be so cute no matter what shade of blue it is.
Post a Comment