Sorry, it has been a while. And I still don't have big things to write about, just a lot of little things. So here goes.
*I was reminded that being sick sucks, but being sick and having two sick kids sucks a lot more. Mostly the baby waking up 6 times a night for extra feedings and sympathy tipped the scales. Ugg.
*Speaking of sickness, I have taken Kaitlyn to the Gold's Gym playroom twice since she was born. At 4 months, she came home with the stomach flu. And now at 7 months, she brought us all a cold/pink eye bug to share around the family. Grrr. My membership is up this month, and I think we are buying a nicer treadmill with the money.
*Itty-bitty book review: I have recently started trying the "Deceptively Delicious" gig. So far, I like it! Minus the lying part, cause there is no point in that. My husband is happy to have the veggies already in his food so he doens't have to have them separately, and I could tell Tyler about it all I want and he wouldn't have a clue. In fact, in some cases I think I should up the amount, because she makes the recipes so that you can't tell there are veggies in them, and there really isn't that much in there sometimes. The lasagna was just . . . lasagna. It was good, but not unique. The sweet potato in the pancakes made them nice and moist though. And Tyler liked the green eggs, which suprised me. I figured this is a good time to try it, since I can make all the purees I want (thank heaven she leads you through that step by step), and then use them for baby food and now in our food. Two birds with one stone!
*Tyler is learning new things so fast that when we started a new playgroup this week, I didn't know what to tell the lady when she asked what we were working on. He now labels everything in sight, understands choices for the most part, asks me for help and water and whatever he needs, and loves to involve us in his play more than he used to. I just listed all the goals that I had for him when we started KOTM 5 months ago! Eating is a work in progress still, but we are working on that. I feel like for a long time now we have been sitting at the depot watching all the other kids firgure things out and move along down the track. And now Tyler has hopped on, full speed ahead. We are a year behind when everyone else figured these things out, but we are on the train now, and that is all that matters.
*And speaking of day care, they have a "sibling care" place for me to take Kaitlyn while Tyler is in his playgroups, and I adore them! They just fawn over Kaitlyn when I take her in, and by the time I come back one of them is holding her all snuggly in a blanket, fast asleep. How many day cares do you know of that have a good enough kid to adult ratio to have one hold a sleeping baby for a half an hour, no problem? They even work with trying to teach these little 0-2 year old tots. Love them!

*We are leaving tomorrow for Logan to watch Christopher run the Top of Utah Marathon. I am always amazed at how my hubby can pull these off! This one is his favorite one to run, because it is really well organized and a beautiful course. Unfortunatly, Chris couldn't get off work early to drive up on Friday, and rather than pull in with the kids at 9pm, we are driving separately. Originally he wanted to also head home earlier than me to use his tickets for the BYU game, but he finally realized that he wouldn't want to stand in the student section after running a marathon and sold the tickets. Not to mention the game starts 6 hours after the marathon and 2.5 hours away from the marathon. Boys are crazy sometimes!
The good news about separate cars is that I am taking my Grandpa up with me. My Grandfather's brother lives up in Logan, and neither of the brothers are in good health anymore, so they don't get to visit very often. But since I am driving right by, I might as well pick him up! It is hardly out of the way. I think they are both really looking forward to it.
*Also on the Logan agenda is my old college friend Holly. She married a guy in the Dominican Republic and just recently came back to the states with him because they were expecting. But then the poor thing gave birth at 30 weeks by emergency C-Section because of preclampsia! My heart just breaks thinking of them, with no job, and a baby that just barely got out of the NICU. I am looking forward to meething her little family though.
*Kaitlyn is crawling the real way now, and also pulling herself up to stand every chance she gets. And she is still a bitty stick thing!
*And because I hate posts without pictures, here is Tyler helping himself to "cere-ere-alll" from the cupboard. Kaitlyn noticed that he was dropping a few, and crawled over to snag those for herself. Teamwork!

*Finally, a Tyler story for you: One of his new words is "chocolate." He discovered he likes chocolate quite a bit when he found Daddy's candy the other day. And then yesterday, I had the box out to make chocolate cupcakes for Mutual that night. Tyler found the box, and lovingly took it down, staring at the picture on the front. "Chocck-ckk!", he told me. Yes, that is chocolate honey. He repeated it a few more times, and then paused. "HUP!", as he held up the box for me to open it. I tried to explain to him that opening it wouldn't help, since there wasn't cake inside like the picture showed. "Hup!" No, sorry honey. Then he paused, thinking. One of these words I know must work here . . . "keeen up!" No, clean up is the opposite hun- putting it back in won't work! Don 't worry though, he got a "chocckkk-ckk" cupcake in the end.
1 comment:
I'm like you...not a lot of big things to talk about, just a lot of little things. I'm glad Chris decided against the BYU game in the end. Boys can be crazy, but they're usually reasonable in the end. (:
Post a Comment