So, it has been a week, and I have blogged about other things, but haven't actually written about the second half of our trip. The first half was sheer chaos, as you saw below. It was awesome to see everyone, but it was rough for my kids to keep up without their usual naps. Then everyone flew home - but us. We had Jackie and Maya for a couple more days, but that was it. And that week, to me, was the actual vacation part. The part where we hung out all day, and where Grandma continually told me "no! I'll feed her!" (or change her diaper, or put Tyler to sleep) "You go sit on the couch and rest!" No problemo there.
So what did we do? We had dinners out on the deck.

We went to the county fair.
We took walks around the block every night before the kids went to sleep.

My friend Sara came over with her little guy. (And I use that term loosly! What a hilarious little chunker man!)
We went to go see a local restaurant that hosts a motorcycle drive in every single week- they usually get 1000-3000 each week. Wow! We considered it a good field trip for Tyler, since he now can label motorcycles by sight and engine sound.
Dan brought us to a local place called Kleats for a wing night (which my hubby is always game for).
My mom and I made bows.
The cat tried to eat the goldfish.

And Tyler hung out with the cat. My kids seriously adored this cat, so thank heavens it was a very patient kitty who never got mad at them once.

Somewhere in there, my friend Kavitha from high school came over to visit (how did we not get pictures of us together?), the guys wired the house, and the girls had Kaitlyn's picture taken, as previously mentioned. I miss it already!
No comments:
Post a Comment