Our family

Our family

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My birthday, and other belated posts

I don't know why I haven't blogged in a while. I have a lot to put on here, but just haven't gotten around to it!

Anyway, my birthday was at the end of last month, and it was great. My husband really outdid himself this year. He got me a new flash for my camera, a new haircut kit to cut my boys' hair with, and even got me a big bunch of red roses, which he knows always gets me to melt. I think the funniest part of that bit was that when he was walking out of Costco with the roses, someone saw him and said "uh oh! What did you DO?" No need to worry, random citizen! My hubby was way on top of things. Since my mom was here, I thought we would all go out to eat, but the kids were cranky and sick, so my sweet mom offered to watch them and let us have a date. It was a great day. The funny part is that I have always told people my lucky number is 127. Just to be difficult, I think. But my birthday is 1/27, so it works. And this year Tyler turned 3 on the 3rd of January, and I turned 27 on the 27th of January. How fun is that?

Also while my mom was here, we decided to go have some fun in the snow in the front yard. I was thrilled to have someone to play with the kids while I took pictures, because I love pictures in the snow. So now you have to see some of those. :)




Seriously, I am in love with that snowsuit on that little tiny girl. She looks like the little brother on "A Christmas Story". Tyler especially liked "sledding rides". How we don't own a sled, no one can figure out. But we don't, so my mom assured me that she grew up using boxes. Tyler also liked it when he could hug little sister on their way down.



In other adventures, we went to Chuck-E-Cheese just after my mom went home. It was a birthday party for one of Christopher's younger cousins. We have only taken Tyler once or twice before, but he is still just a bit too young for most of it. They had a blast anyway. Mostly watching Daddy play the games.



Notice my little victory here. Her hair finally got long enough for the funniest little piggie tails! They crack me up. She started ripping out any hair bow I put in about 6 months ago, which has made me sad. Usually she just yanked the instant she felt me do something. But for whatever reason, she is okay with these little piggies. As long as I hand her the hairbrush so she can brush the top while I work on the sides.



She also loved her balloon. She saw another kid with one and started stalking him, so we used some of Daddy's hard earned tickets to get her a balloon of her own. It was worth it for sure when the string got stuck under her arm, so she started turning in circles trying to get to it, just like a dog chasing its tail. Priceless.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday to you!! It sounds like you had a great day!! And how wonderful for your mom to babysit for you guys.

I love those snow pictures too! That snow suit is adorable!! Pink and brown are my favorites!!

Those pig tails, girl, LOL!! I love 'em!!