Saturday night, we went to a Lord's and Ladies Ball in a neighboring town. For those of you who have seen the movie "Enchanted" (and you should), it was just like the Ball at the end. My husband's boss knows the guy in charge (they live practically next door) and actually bought 4 tables to bring anyone in the company that wanted to come. It was awesome! It was a fundraiser for a charity, and besides that, a spectacular evening.First of all, this place is amazing. Basically he is a very rich Grandpa who wanted to create a wonderland for his family, and he really outdid himself. There was a large building where we ate at, with the most amazing painted ceilings and wood inlays on the floor. And there is a huge playground on the way to an actual castle. The place just kept going, with statues and awesome nooks and crannies everywhere! Every year they host a Princess Festival for little girls in June, and hundreds of little girls come dressed up in their costumes to meet Princesses and listen to stories and play in the castle.


Of course, one of the most fun parts of the evening was getting to dress up. Luckily for me, my prom dress fit the bill quite well. This made me stop for a minute though, and realize that this dress is actually almost a decade old. I remember a woman I was close to in my church helped me sew this dress with my mom, and I still love it! Thanks Sister Weight! But here's the part that gets me. I dug up an old picture of me in the dress for my prom. For those of you who love before and after shots like I do, (Hi Melissa!) this is for you.


Can you believe that? Same girl, same dress, I swear. I showed my husband, and he just blinked and said "I think the last decade has been good to you!" Such a sweetie. I can almost feel how awkward I felt in that old picture when I look at it. John was an awesome friend of mine back then. Neither of us was ever romantically interested in each other- we went on a couple of dates, and they failed so miserably that we took it as a sign. But his family was convinced we were going to get married some day. I wonder what ever happened to that guy! We lost touch not long after his mission. But when my mom told him to put his arm around me to take the picture, I think we both felt rather awkward. I am so glad I am not in the high school awkward phase anymore!
Since I didn't have to rent a costume like most people, I did splurge and get an up-do for my hair. How often do you get to do that? At least for me, it was just wedding and prom.


I don't think the pictures do it justice, because my hair was really fun. They did these cool little spirals in a diagonal line from top to bottom, and it was gorgeous! Thanks Braadyn and friend!
They even had performers for the evening, like some fire jugglers, belly dancers, and the BYU ballroom dance team. And then we got to dance, which would have been more fun if my husband hadn't hiked Timp overnight the night before. Lame planning, hun. Poor guy was dead tired, but tried anyway.

And now, a bunch of pictures of the rest of our group! I honestly love hanging out with these guys, they are hilarious.

Our table for dinner.

Since Jeff had a costume that looked like a King, Ken got most of the company to bow down for this shot. All hail King Jeff!



2 comments:
Can I say jealous??? Nope, to jealous to say it... I'm glad you had fun!! You'll have to take your little Tinkerbell to the princess party next year!
Oh oh oh! I was there for the before! I thought you were adorable back then! Look at that sweet little awkward way you were standing. hehe. So cute! I do have to admit though, Christopher pinned it on the nose- the past decade has been very good to you. You look fabulous these days. I'm hoping the cosmos are so kind to me in the next ten years...
Post a Comment