So I try not to start craft projects most of the time.
But every year, I allow myself to have fun with Halloween. Way too much fun, actually. The kids don't care. And now, I somehow gained extra projects in addition to costumes. Huh. So here is the stack I have going right now:
1. Tinkerbell
I haven't decided what Tyler will be yet, but for Kaitlyn I wanted it to be a Disney costume since we are going to Disneyland the first week of December and I wanted her to be able to wear it there too. I couldn't think of what Princess suited this high-spirited little girl, until my mother pointed out this obvious choice. Tiny, blonde, and a lot of attitude. Yup, Kaitlyn is a Tinkerbell.
So then I started looking at what the character wears to make a costume.
That is one mostly naked fairy, folks. And it is cold in Utah for Halloween. I got fabric the other day, and I think I am going to make a "nude" bodysuit for her to wear under the dress. Or I might add sleeves. I have no clue how this thing is going to look when I am done, frankly. Here's hoping.
2. Quilt
Growing up, my mother did quilting, and I liked to sew clothes. She gave me the block fabric that she found somewhere because it looked so perfect for a cabin, and I love it. So now I have to make it into a quilt somehow. I spent forever working out the dimensions and stuff on paper, and then I found the blue fabric to border it the other day, but I still have a long way to go. I haven't even decided if I am making a duvet cover or a quilt yet!
3. Little house
My kids love the little play houses, but we just haven't managed to get one yet. They are expensive new, and most used ones are thrashed. And then I was worried about how much space it would take up, especially if the kids aren't using it very much.
And then I found this beauty at a Garage Sale on Saturday. It is a wooden frame for a house. Now I can just sew fabric together to make the sides, and ta-da! Instant house. What I like about this is that I can even make more than one cover, if it needs to be a fire house or a castle or whatever. Or I can cut sides out of plywood and screw them on and paint it too. And then, if it isn't being used or I want to move it or something, I just use a hexawrench and take it apart.When my husband saw this added to the stack of other projects, I got that look. The eyebrow raise, "I don't want to say anything and get in trouble, but do you actually think you are going to follow through this time and finish these projects?" look.
Time will tell, hubby. Time will tell.
The miracle is that we are going to a Masquerade Ball on Saturday, and I already have a costume. It is black tie formal, and most people have to rent something, but my prom dress is rather Jane Erye style, so I just needed to make a mask. Hooray for putting a ten year old homemade dress to good use! I am really excited for that. Pictures to come afterward . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment