Our family

Our family

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Craft group

I haven't blogged in a while- but I haven't done anything in a while either. One of those months when the days are busy but you aren't sure what you actually accomplished by the end of it. I am very excited that Spring finally made an appearance, however! I love my tulips, and the kids love being able to play outside.


One of the few things I have been able to accomplish is finally making the dress I have been planning on forever. I saw this tutorial a long time ago for turning a Men's button down shirt into a toddler dress, and as it happened Christopher had a shirt that was the wrong size for him, so it was perfect! A neighbor of mine has started running a craft group, where we can get together on Friday afternoons and make a project together. Last time we made the flower hairbows like Kaitlyn is wearing in the pictures, and this Friday we are going to make the dress. I figured that since I was going to teach it this week, I better make my own before then and know what I was doing! And so, voila.


Also, I have to preface this by saying that my kids were being terrible about the photo shoot this morning. I mean, they are rather distracted easily, but it seemed like every time I got my shot lined up they took off. So this is the best you get, sorry.

Maybe it is rather silly, but I adore it when my kids match. Tyler already owned his Hawaiian shirt, but it worked pefectly!




I made the dress a bit big for her, so I added a ribbon to pull the slack with in back. Other than that, it was exactly like the tutorial! I love craft projects that are that easy. That's why I have been making a lot of hairbows lately- 10 minutes and some hot glue gives you are cute little product. Nice.
If anyone reading this wants to join us to make the dress this week, let me know!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I love it! So adorable. I am not very good at sewing, but I'd love to learn how to make the dress. I'll have to see what I can do to come up with a shirt. You are so incredibly crafty!