Our family

Our family

Friday, December 31, 2010

Giveaway!

And now it is time for . . . Christmas leftovers!
So here's the story.  I made a couple more Lickety Split bags to give as Christmas gifts.  With all of the chaos in my house, they were barely getting finished the week of Christmas, so I figured that when the girls I intended to give them for called I would just finish them up really quick.  But . . . they never called.  So I guess we aren't really exchanging gifts this year.  Which is probably just as well, because I wasn't sure if one of them would like it at all.

SOO . . .
Now I have a bag and nothing to do with it.  I had two, but I already found a new home for the other one.  While I suppose I could try and sell it, I didn't buy the "liscense to sell" pattern - just the one for making them for myself.  Plus, I have never sold anything I made.  Somehow that ruins something for me. 

And with no better purpose for the remaining one, I figured I would just see if anyone who reads my blog wants it!  'Cause, I figure, if you are reading this, you are my friend.  And I just want to see the bag go to a happy home with someone who really likes it.  So if you want it, say so in a comment.  If more than one person writes in, then I'll pick someone at random in a couple of days.

So without further ado, here she is!


This bag is made from pink quilter's fabric and purple snuggly fleece.  There is also a strip of burgundy leather sewn on the bottom for extra durability.  The bag is technically reversible, though the leather is only on the pink side.  There are two pockets on the outside, and the inside has the "rack" of pockets just like mine did.  Here's the inside:


What I like about these bags is that they hold an amazing amount of stuff without being big and bulky.  Since the fabric is relatively thin, they collapse down quite a bit.  And what's not to love about 6 pockets on the inside to stash everything?  I also appreciate that the knot keeps the bag on my shoulder better.  The leather straps on my usual purses slip right off my sloped shoulders, but this baby stays put when I lean down to help my kids.

Let me know in a comment if you want it!

Oh, and by the way, here is the one that already found a new home, just in case you were curious.  I thought this fabric was really fun!



4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Sarah - I don't want the bag but I just wanted to say how cute it is and what an awesome job you did making it! I've got lots of bags and I think Dallin would skewer me if I got another one :) But they're really cute!! We need to play again too. My house is running rampant with sickies but when that's all over with I'll shoot you an email. Happy Holidays!

Katie Dance said...

I want the bag! Its super cute and I love bags!

Cynthia B. said...

ME ME ME!! :) WAY CUTE!

Than and Erica said...

If you want to ship it to Cali, I"m all in! Than would just love it if I had another bag. :)