Our family

Our family

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sewing fun!

So, I was bored last Sunday, and started surfing around sewing blogs.  I love seeing what everyone makes - especially turning thrift store junk into awesome stuff!  After a bit of that, I ended up asking Christopher if there was anything in his closet he didn't want anymore.  After a bit of searching (finding some jems he will actually use buried in there) we came up with a couple of suits and some corderoy pants.  Awesome!  Tyler is modeling one of the suit jackets for you here.  (Oh, and the construction hat.  He honestly wears that 80% of the time he is home, so I forget that it is on sometimes.)


After a couple of hours of work, I had this:

A reversible vest!  The inspiration came from this blog, but after my experience with the Woody vest I knew a better way to put it together. Not that hers doesn't work, but . . . anyway.  I love this little vest though - from the blue side, to the black side, to the fake little pocket.

But there was so much fabric left over!  The blue suit was a jacket and pants, though the black suit only had a jacket.  So the next day I decided I needed to do something with the leftovers.  So I made a hairbow for Kaitlyn.  Annnd a skirt.  With flowers on it.




The skirt is more stiff than the flowy I was going for, but that's fine. Unfortunately, the other problem is that the vest is too skinny for Tyler - but the skirt is too long for Kaitlyn. At least she will grow into hers.



The action shots are a bit lacking - it is too cold to go outside for the natural lighting.  But the models are sure willing anyway!  Oh, but here's one more of the before shots - because I love this smile.



1 comment:

Cynthia B. said...

So cute! You are a pro on the sewing machine!