Our family

Our family

Monday, January 31, 2011

Done with the birthday month!

We had one last birthday - mine!  I am actually not a big birthday person, really.  When I was a teenager I actually forgot mine a couple of times.  But not with Kaitlyn around!  When I told her it was my birthday, she asked where we were going to go.  We went bowling for Tyler's birthday, and to Jump On It for hers, so I guess that was a valid assumption.  When I said we weren't really going anywhere, she suggested the swimming place.  That made my laugh- since we haven't gone to any swimming place in a long time!

Well, instead, we managed to get the family tickets for the BYU vs SDSU basketball game last week.  We were ranked #9, so playing the #4 team was a big deal.  Which meant that students had been camping out to get their tickets, and everyone showed up in droves!  I knew it would be loud in there, since every seat was filled, but . . . wow.  I could barely hear myself talk, let alone hear what Christopher was saying right next to me.  I was glad the kids were at Grandma's so they didn't get hearing damage.


We loved reading the signs in the student section.  From "Jim-Jimery-Jim-Jim-Jaroo" to "Jimmer was my first kiss" to "You won't get a good night's sleep in this Mariott!" (the name of the arena) to our personal favorite, three signs that flipped between "BOOM SHAKA LAKA!" and "HE'S ON FIRE!".  My husband loves playing NBA Jam.


And now, a terrible self-portrait of us:


It was an awesome game to watch!  We had some SDSU fans right next to me, so that was fun to joke around with them.  It really was a lot of fun- from the best performance of the National Anthem I have ever heard (go Vocal Point!), to the pre-game projection screens from floor to ceiling, to the tight game.  The fact that we won made it just that much better!

Next, we headed out to the cabin.  I hadn't actually been there since Christmas.  Christopher had gone up one day to fix the snowmobiles, and again last weekend with the scouts, but I hadn't been able to go with him.  Thankfully, it was our easiest winter trip ever!  Nothing got stuck, nothing broke down.  Just lots of fun in the snow.  Kaitlyn liked climbing on the poor swing here.


Sledding is always a big hit!



Kaitlyn decided to climb up on a snowbank and declare herself "King of the Mountain!"


Not to be outdone, Tyler climbed up on the biggest thing he could see.  Nice work, dude!


Snowball fight!


I even got a date with my husband that weekend! 

No comments: