As I was thinking about what to wear that night, I suddenly realized that we HAD to make shirts! That's what you do if you want to be a contestant on the Price is Right, of course. Luckily I was able to scrounge up some old white shirts and the official font online. Christopher was a bit nervous about the shirt idea, but once he saw it he actually decided he might keep it and wear it again. I'm not sure where . . .
It was a lot of fun! They had a "Bob Marko" host, Plinko, Hole in One, lots of pricing games and everything. I was really impressed. Less impressive, unfortunately, is my photography attempt. I didn't want to drag my good camera (taking a little dainty purse is such a treat that screams NO KIDS TONIGHT!) so I just had the little tiny one that had no chance in the dimly lit room. But here is Christopher, bidding on a bedroom set.
Since the price was in the $3000 range, he won that . . .
And then got all three prices right in the scramble . . .
winning the game! The host even gave him a bonus for the cartwheel he did when his name was called.
The next morning, it was time for Christopher's first Triathalon. This one was entitled the "Ice Breaker", not only because it is still cold, but also because it is a short, "sprint distance" one that is a good first experience. The swim was 600M in a pool, then 12 Miles on a bike, then a 5K run. Nothing I could ever pull off, but for Christopher it was good to just try out the transitions and see how things go. He said he really enjoyed it!
While we waited for Daddy to bike by, I broke out some sidewalk chalk. And my kids automatically drew boxes, put numbers in them, and started hopping on them. Who taught my kids hopscotch? Seriously, I have no idea where they got that from!








No comments:
Post a Comment