After that, we headed up to Salt Lake for the wedding. Christopher's younger brother got married yesterday, and that means all of his siblings are now married! They are a funny couple. Jonathan is a very private person on emotions and affection. So he wouldn't even admit they were dating until close to Christmas. ("She's just a friend. Who comes over a lot.") He proposed at the end of February, and didn't even bother telling his mother (or the rest of the family) until a couple of weeks later. And then they just decided to do a very casual wedding a month or so later. My favorite moments of the day were when they were told to kiss over the alter and did so hesitantly (because they barely hold hands in public) - the sealer told them "don't worry. That will get better with time." And my second favorite moment was when everyone was congratulating the couple. A very tall and stocky man from her side of the family walked up to him, said "I hear you're not a hugger", and then gave him a tight bear hug before he could protest. Classic!
Her dress is the most casual dress I have ever seen - but it was perfect for them, and beautiful.
Speaking of dresses, I made this a week ago and have been bursting to take pictures ever since. I made Kaitlyn this skirt. And in my usual fashion, decided to make the leftovers into a bolero jacket. And a hairbow. And a bowtie for Tyler.
Are you ready for the best part? The skirt took ten minutes. That's because it was originally a curtain valance. From the clearance bin at Wal-mart - for $1. All I had to do was cut off the top part so it was the right length, sew in casing for elastic at the waist, and join the edges together.
Sew . . . a needle pulling thread . . . (Sorry, I had to throw that joke out. I'm not the first person to make kid's clothes out of curtains by a long shot.)
In case you want to do anything similar, I got inspiration for the skirt here and the bolero jacket here and the bowtie here. The jacket was by far the most work. The skirt and the bowtie are so easy that I plan to make more soon.
Kaitlyn is easily distracted by flowers.
And so am I.
And Tyler got a flower too!
While we were at the reception, this flower came loose from the bride's bouquet as she was passing us, so she gave it to Tyler. And he adored that thing for at least an hour. He showed to everyone - "my beautiful flower!" - he played with it, he admired it. Such a funny little guy!










1 comment:
First of all that is funny about your Brother in Law. Kevin was the same way and my grandpa broke the ice when he gave Kevin a hug and then replied with "next time it will be a kiss" it was so funny. The skirt is awesome! Totally let me know when you make more I would love to jump on board. :) I need simple projects.
Post a Comment