Our family

Our family

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My girls

Kaitlyn went back to Miss Melva's today!


She was really excited.  Unfortunately, our family vacation starts the same time as her next class, so she only gets one class and then a week and a half break.  Way to plan it, Mom.

I thought Kaitlyn would be excited to show off how much she can read now.  She has a few sight words down, like "mom", "and", "he", and "go", etc.  And she is getting pretty good at figuring out others by sounding it out.  But she told me she wanted to show Miss Melva her new sparkly shoes.  Because she is four, and that's what matters to her, of course.

And in other small milestones, Jasmine is now 6 months old!  Such a big girl.


Jasmine still falls sometimes, but she loves sitting up.  It took her a while, but she is finally loving carrots (both sticks to suck on and puree) and sweet potatoes.  And she is most certainly in the "grab and eat" stage, where anything in her reach is in her mouth within seconds.


This is the look that says, "just try and take it.  I dare ya."

She can also roll both ways (though she doesn't always mean to), and loves to sit in her walker and kick her feet.  She is still such a happy baby!  She hasn't been sleeping as well since she learned to roll, but that's okay.  ("Mom!  My leg is stuck in the crib slats again!  Help me!")


Now, some people say she looks just like her sister.  Some people have even said that she looks like her Grandma Jones.



I can't tell.  I've always been bad at that game.  In fact, at this age, the Kaitlyn picture hardly even looks like Kaitlyn to me, so I say it is too early to tell.  But the pictures sure are fun to compare anyway!

1 comment:

Merfy said...

She has the most beautiful eyes!