Growing up, summer was my favorite season. Sure, it was hot outside, but that was what Super Soakers were for! Summer meant freedom. So at first I didn't agree with Christopher, who absolutely adores fall. I guess raking a billion leaves and going back to school jaded me.
But now, I think I am truly a convert. Fall is my favorite.
As soon as we got home from Ohio, Christopher saw the red colors on the mountain trees and started itching to get up the canyon. "We're missing the colors!", he panicked. Well, we made it in time to see the reds in full swing. Usually they fall down a bit before the Aspens turn yellow, so we'll have a bit more to see too.
But seriously, it was a glorious weekend. The cool, crisp air feels so great, and everywhere you look, the trees are beautiful.
So I figured I would rake up a pile of leaves and take a picture of my cute kiddos surrounded by fall colors.
Not so much.
The sad part is, I still like this picture because it makes me laugh. Mommies torturing their kids for silly pictures! Jasmine was much happier once she got out of the pile and onto a blanket, where she could munch on her leaf in peace.
And Kaitlyn liked using the pile to practice her gymnastics. (Her new class needs to be a post of its own, but for now, I can just say she started a couple of weeks ago.) She tried a "tuck jump", pulling her knees to her chest.
And my favorite picture, the spread eagle jump, where she should touch her toes in the air.
And some cartwheels.
As you can see, we still have some practicing to do. But she loves it and keeps improving, and that is what counts!
Daddy spent the weekend chopping up the dead wood on the property and hauling it up next to the house, with this small pile for the firepit.
Of course, my favorite part of the weekend was our walk. I mean, hike. Hiking sounds more like an adventure.
Jasmine liked her little carrier.
And I loved the scenery.
Does this mean I can start Halloween costumes?










No comments:
Post a Comment