So, what about the rest of us? Well, I made good use of the BYU surplus sale.
Christopher's came perfect. Well, I hemmed his pants, but that's it. Mine took a bit more work, since the only women's top left was actually meant to go under a tank and ended just below the bra line. So I added a bit to make it work. And since I already made the skirt for Kaitlyn, I figured I might as well add some length to her top as well and then we could all match.
She even wore it two weeks ago when we went to go see the BYU parade. So her costume went from this (last year):
To this:
As a side note, one of my favorite parts of the parade was laughing at Tyler. This parade hands out almost as much candy as Trick or Treating does. But one he got his first handful, he wanted to just sit and eat it. But Daddy would rouse him out of his chair and interrupt to tell him to go get more candy. And then he would try to go back to sitting and eating, and he really got annoyed with how much he got interrupted. What is the point of getting candy if you won't let me eat it?
Anyway, tonight we all went to our neighborhood party. We figured we should try and act the part, but this was the best stunt we could pull off! I was a cheerleader for a year in high school, but as you can see I wasn't a very good "flyer". I was much better at flag corps.
But the party was fun, as always! There was face painting and games, which the kids loved.
Daddy conquered the ghost pepper chili challenge, which included signing a waiver so the Hazmat suit guy could hand you your portion.
And Jasmine liked getting pushed around in the stroller for a bit.
Followed by chili and donuts. Yum. I love our neighborhood!
Oh, and last night was the annual pirate party, too. I had a friend do my hair and makeup for the night, which was really fun.
Kaitlyn saw the picture of Daddy carrying me away and asked me if Daddy is a real pirate. Funny girl. He did enjoy playing the part though!











1 comment:
Great work on your costumes! Go cougs!
Post a Comment