Our family

Our family

Monday, October 29, 2012

Funny morning

I just had to document this morning.

Christopher went to tell the kids to get dressed and ready for school, but I got out of bed quickly when I heard him shouting.  Apparently Kaitlyn was in the middle of writing a paragraph on the walls when he walked into their room.  So of course he was furious and she was sobbing (since she knew she was in big trouble).  I figured I would let that cool down for a minute and help Tyler get dressed.

Tyler's dresser is actually one of the ones that his Daddy used when he was little - and I'm sure my mother-in-law bought them at DI or a garage sale before that.  Hence, one of the drawer fronts has been threatening to come off for a month or two.  And this morning it finally popped off.  I thought that Tyler was crying because the wood bonked him when it came off, but that wasn't it.  He looked at me and started sobbing tragically.  "Mommy!  You . . . you broke it!"

The funniest part was that every time he looked at me this morning, he started to cry and get after me for breaking it again.  I had no idea mommy destroying his furniture could be so traumatizing.  Daddy had to get him ready for school, since he would stop eating breakfast and start crying again every time I tried to talk to him.

Of course, Daddy assured him that "I know, Mommy broke it, didn't she?  But don't worry, I'll get you a new one, buddy!"  Sigh.

Anyway, he made the bus, and so I helped Kaitlyn scrub her handiwork off the wall so she could get to school.  And I asked her to read it to me, since she has her own way of spelling everything at this point.  (Mostly, she skips all vowels.)

"I love Heavenly Father SO MUCH even though he lives all the way in Heaven." With check marks for Tyler and Kaitlyn.

Sigh.

And then I came downstairs just in time to see Jasmine take one crawling step.  (She's been threatening to do this for a while, and while I know I should be proud of her, mostly I like not having to have every single shred off the floors at all times and dig out the baby gates.)  I think we still have a few more days until she fully figures it out, but pretty soon nothing will be safe.

Ahh, Mondays are great, aren't they?

No comments: