Our family

Our family

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

And a good time was had by all . . . except Jasmine

Our children still haven't figured out waking up early on Christmas.  Sure, we were a bit late getting out of Grandma's house the night before, but I guess the whole thing wore them out because Daddy gave up and woke them up at 9am.


Kaitlyn laid there, answering Daddy's questions about what day it was and who came last night until a light bulb went off and she dashed out of bed.  Tyler wasn't quite awake yet, but came along anyway.


Jackpot!


And then Daddy explained that they would go nice and fast . . . outside, when it isn't snowing.  So Tyler tried the gas pedal anyway.  And Kaitlyn got rather scared of it and promptly got off.  On to less frightening toys!


Those silly pez dispensers were a huge hit.  Tyler went through all three packs before breakfast.

And by the way, in this picture you can see that Kaitlyn has opened her Santa present and is halfway through her stocking.  She isn't as fast as I was as a kid.  I seem to remember ripping things open in one minute flat, but she checks each object out for a minute first.  Tyler, however, is holding the first object he got from his stocking.  We could give that child one dollar store item for Christmas and he would be happy all morning.


Each object had to be inspected for 20 minutes.  When he found his (green is for Tyler) piggy bank, he refused to move on until he got coins in there, because an empty bank was just wrong.  This year we prodded him along to the next present, mainly because we were excited to see his reaction to everything.  But I think next year we might just let him go at his pace and see how many days it takes for him to unwrap it all.


The "Santa table" where Santa brings yummy food to share is always a hit.  This morning they even got chocolate cereal with marshmallows in it, instead of the regular cheerios mommy forces on them.


And Daddy loved the present I gave him.  He mentioned earlier in the year how much he loved pogo sticks as a kid, so I got him a big kid version.


You can't tell, since I am standing up the front stairs from him, but he was getting some good air on it!


And Kaitlyn liked the Rapunzel hair I made her.


Jasmine slept in until the kids were mostly done unwrapping.  But that poor girl was still miserable.  In fact, of my three children, this is my second "baby's 1st Christmas" that started off with puking in bed.  Tyler got the stomach flu his first Christmas.


But hey, the packaging was tasty, so she figured life was okay.


And she even liked the Princess castle she got from Santa.  She would bob her head along with the music for the dance floor.


And the kids loved Tyler's hot wheels track.  Which turned Daddy into a big kid at heart.  "I can see why I always wanted one of these as a kid!  This thing in awesome!"  Oh, and you'll notice that Tyler put on all of his candy jewelry from his stocking.  I think he just about emptied them by the end of the day!

I didn't take pictures of everything - the kids got a piano/microphone thing they love, I can't wait to break out my new serger, and the kids had a blast on their new wii game that night, too.  And we had another turkey dinner that night, where Grandma Skarda even came to relax and eat with us instead of hosting at her house. I was enjoying the day too much to break out the camera that much though!

But I did get a video of Tyler trying out his power wheels for the first time.  Daddy figured he cleared off enough snow for him to give it a shot, though obviously he still got stuck on the ice a few times. I think we were expecting a bigger reaction from Tyler, but he was all business about this.  Important stuff.

No comments: