Here's what the original looked like:
And here's what they actually look like:
Let me tell you, these cookies we WAY more trouble than they were worth. We're not doing that again. But she really liked the "lollipop cookies with no stick". She has been obsessed with lollipops since she saw them at Disneyland.
The day of her birthday I let her do whatever she wanted to. And for her, that meant watching TV ALL DAY. Normally I make her turn it off, but . . . it was her birthday. Sigh. That night I asked if she wanted me to make her something for dinner or go out, and she said she wanted to go to Chubby's so she could use a quarter she found in the house and get a bubble gumball from the machine. At least she picked one of our favorite restaurants!
Seriously, this girl is the worst to take pictures of. As soon as she notices my camera, she stops whatever she is doing and makes the worst "I'm trying not to smile and refuse to look anywhere near the camera" faces. Case in point.
She loves that present though. You can design your own character and put it in a princess book to color, which is right up her alley.
For her friend party, she (of course) wanted to go skating again. I still can't believe how good she is.
We combined her favorite things - dress up and skating!
I'm glad all of her friends could make it this year. Last year half of her list got sick at the last minute. But this year we had a great group, and the entire skating rink to ourselves!
This is Lily, a neighbor girl in her classes at church and school.
Katie, a girl at school that comes over for play dates all the time.
Jamison, who just moved in three or four houses away. Since it was empty, they even let him use his big wheel bike! That was great for him, but not so great for his little sister. I think he ran straight into her three times. ("I didn't see her!" Riiiiiight.) That little sister was hilarious though. She is two, and ran away faster than any kid I have ever seen. She took off into the men's bathrooms, and than as her mom brought her back to us and told us how much she runs off, she realizes she is gone again. That time she went out an emergency exit and sent off the alarm. I was really grateful that day that Jasmine doesn't go very far right now!
Cody, whose dad was best friends with Christopher when they were growing up. Both of his parents spent a lot of time at this rink in high school, goofing off and flirting, so it was great that he got to come and try it out!
And Avery, also in the playgroup from school, who didn't care for skating, no matter how much her mom tried to help her.
The girls did, however, love wearing the skirts I made for party favors and running around. Christopher was the "giant" that the "fairies" were all running away and hiding from.
Christopher got really into that part, which was fun to watch.
And of course, baby sister tagged along. She even wore her Minnie Mouse dress to get into the fun of it all.
By the way, a lesson learned more than once: cheap candy necklaces and a roller rink don't mix!
And a trip to the rink wouldn't be complete without Christopher showing off his tricks. :)
I guess it is good for my diet that my kids keep picking chocolate cake, which I really don't care for. But they love it! And Kaitlyn loved that we found candles that spell her name.
Did I mention she is obsessed with lollipops, but her lame mother has never actually let her have one? I think you can guess what her favorite present of the day was.
After the party was "over", Jasmine decided she had enough, so the girls got to run around the bounce house and climbing area for an hour or two while I played human baby bed. This was our third or fourth birthday party at this place, and it really has worked out great every time!
Some tidbits about Kaitlyn:
*She has the funniest little girl, valley girl voice. And she never stops talking! Her stories just go on and on, but everyone that listens to her stories looks at us afterward and asks if we have video of her because she is just so funny. She still has a few mispronounced words, like telling me that things are "in-stra-ting", but mostly she talks like a drama queen with a flair for piling as many details in her stories as possible.
*She is doing better at reading, but it is still a lot of work for her. She can read a lot of the BOB books all by herself, but she also tells me that "I'm to tired to read now", and lets me take a turn. I'm glad she is making progress though!
*She is a great big sister to Jasmine, and in some ways to Tyler too. She honestly is a good help around here!
*She is such a loving girl. She can't go to school or bed without telling us she loves us a few times and kissing us on the check, it seems. And she loves making pictures and fans out of paper for us.
*She is still quite convinced that monsters could come get her at night, though. I think almost every prayer at night involves keeping her safe from the monsters, and we have to leave her bedroom door open and the hallway lit.
*She is still such a tough girl to feed! She eats like a tiny bird. Every single meal time seems to end with me telling her how many bites she has to eat to get down. But her favorite meal is probably sweet potato soup. Both kids will ask for seconds of that!
*She is so excited about Kindergarten next year!





















No comments:
Post a Comment