Our family

Our family

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Teeth

The other night I was following Tyler on the bike trail when he stopped short.  I wasn't sure why he would do that, but he was quick to explain.  "My tongue did push out my tooth!  It is broken!"  And sure enough, he was holding the tooth that had been wiggly a few days.  He never stops playing with them until they come out, it seems.

So he told us he wanted to put it under his pillow, and we got him a little baggie once we were back at the house.  But Kaitlyn started writing something furiously right before bed, and told us it was a secret so we couldn't see it.

Apparently, she stashed this note next to Tyler's tooth.

For those who can't read Kindergartener:
"Dear Tooth Fairy
Is it all right to give
money to my sister right next
to me even though she did not lose a tooth
write back if you do or not"

Seriously, how could a Tooth Fairy ignore something that cute?


So there was some toothpaste and flossers under her pillow in the morning with that note below.  We couldn't stop laughing about it!  Kaitlyn always loves to find solutions to things in her life and do it herself.

In unrelated news, I finally made a project I saw on Pinterest a while ago.  It was actually a pretty quick little project, and the kids have really liked wearing it.  Lots of dinosaur/dragon teeth!


It's just a cape instead of a whole costume, but that makes it pretty easy to wear.  And make.

Tyler likes to run around in it, so that's a win as far as I can see.


But of course, Jasmine is pretty sure anything she sees the big kids enjoying should be hers too.  It's just a bit big for her!


Update:
Despite the fact that I took it off him at bedtime , Tyler apparently loved the cape enough that he put it back on to go to sleep.  On a hot summer night.


Now THAT's a compliment.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

CUTEST Kaitlyn story ever. You will be glad you recorded that someday.