Plus, this time, we got to bring a little doggie!
It was his first camping trip with us, and he loved it. Dogs aren't allowed in National Parks, but they are in many of our State Parks.
And now, a million pictures.
The kids figured out that the soft sandstone was easy to "write" on with a rock. Tyler immediately wrote "famly" and drew a heart around it. He is so sweet.
My kids love their "room."
Hey look! Proof I was on this trip! Usually I take all the pictures, but Christopher took a few this time.
We hiked a slot canyon this first day, and I think that was our favorite part. It was just so COOL looking! A bit of clambering over rocks for the kids, but nothing they couldn't handle.
They decided that this should be the official family pose from now on.
Ta da!
The next morning, we headed out to explore the goblins.
Christopher took the kids into a cave that he knew about. There were some tiny spots to fit in, way up high, and . . . I have to admit I just didn't make it in with them. I am a total chicken.
For added humiliation, they even carried the dog into the place I was too scared to go.
"Wait! I know what this rock needs! Go take my picture!"
That tiny little dog actually did a great job. I think the sandstone gave him good traction, because he was climbing up and over all kinds of stuff. He loved being on the adventure.
I'm just glad it wasn't too windy for this trip!


















No comments:
Post a Comment