I'm behind on writing again, but I'm going to try and catch up!
Jasmine had a hard time narrowing down what she wanted to do for her birthday this year. We eventually settled on "a party for all the princesses, but especially Moana. And we paint our nails!" She wanted to invite every friend she has, but I told her she kinda had to choose between inviting boys and painting nails. Not that boys can't paint nails, but . . . it usually isn't their thing.
I had asked the girls in the middle of February if anyone wanted a Moana dress. They both said no. I have to admit, that made me rather sad. And then we were walking through the thrift store, and I found the perfect things to make a dress out of.
The fringe! And the perfect color of orange! So I made Jasmine a dress anyway.
Which was a lot of fun. Especially since most of the work was painting the designs on there. I was just glad she liked it, despite not asking for one. I'm going to have to find kids to "adopt" and make costumes for soon, since both girls have passed the dress up phase.
In a fundraising auction months ago, I bought help from some teenagers for a birthday party. And they were fantastic. They made a princess scavenger hunt that led the girls all over the house for clues and prizes.
And of course, the luau theme was fun to decorate.
Moana boat cupcakes!
Thank goodness I had help with painting nails, too! Movies helped to keep them still. Mostly.
Our weather was even warm enough that they could go outside and play while parents were coming.
Jasmine was SO excited about her presents from us. I told her we had to wait until Daddy came home to open them, and she stayed at the window to wait for him and asked me where he was every five minutes.
It was more about the opening than the actual objects.
A five year and three month snapshot, since I am that far behind:
*She is starting to read now, and really enjoys the antics of Sam and Mat in the "I See Sam" books. She loved preschool at Kate's house all year, and while she never liked "computer school" from Upstart quite as much, I think it helped a lot, too. Even if she still insists on writing her J's backwards in her name.
* She would stay on youtube all day if I let her. Unless Avery can come over to play. We have to check and see if Avery can play every day.
*She is still quite particular about her clothing. She wears crocs every day, unless she is going to church or the swimming pool. When we went to school to have her try on uniforms, she reminded me that "Mom, I don't wear pants." Which is just too bad, since they are part of the uniform. She might just try and wear a skirt or dress all year, though. I always think that being cold will teach her that leggings and short sleeves aren't enough, but she just doesn't get cold often. She wore long sleeves once or twice this year, though, so maybe that is progress.
*She is happiest when she is "big". She loves being the only kid at home with me, or having younger friends over to play. And no matter how much Tyler and especially Kaitlyn try to make her feel like their equal, she is still sure they are out to get her.
*I have to admit, I rarely let her sit on my lap because she is SO wiggly. But she has convinced her teacher at church to let her sit on her lap every single week. I can see the look of triumph from my spot at the piano.
*She loves to sing all of her favorite songs and dance along, no matter where she is! I tried to put a video on here from instagram of her singing "I see the Light" from Rapunzel, but it won't come. Most recently, she sings Moana songs all day. All the skirts she tried on for fit the other day were tested for hula compatibility by singing "Moana! Make waves, make waves!" (which isn't even the correct lyrics, but I'm not going to tell her.)
*Her favorite foods are pepperonis, entire cartons of strawberries, and sneaking candy, no matter who it belongs to or who told her she couldn't eat candy right now. She also loves the joke that "Mom always says no to gum, but Daddy says yes." I hate gum. I don't like watching people chew it, finding it stuck random places, all of that. Suckers are also evil, since everything the kids touches gets sticky. So they beg gum off of Daddy. :)
*She LOVES swimming. As long as she can touch the bottom. She knows she can't swim, and will splash and play in the shallows for hours.
*She's my happy, sweet girl!! (Until she's not, and then you better duck. ;) )














No comments:
Post a Comment