Our family

Our family

Friday, August 1, 2008

Babysitters ROCK

I actually know a few people who don't like leaving their kids with anyone. In each case, it is only one of the parents, and the poor other parent is just dying for time off. Let me tell ya, Christopher and I do not have that problem. I make sure that the person watching them is good, and enjoy my time off!


Last Saturday was our 5th Anniversary. Yeah! After scrounging a bit, I managed to get our first pick of babysitters - a girl we used to have often that is now graduated from AFHS and in an internship, but was still happy to come watch our kids. She was amazed, because she didn't think there was another night this summer she has been open. I was so excited, because having her meant I didn't even have to worry about my kids all night.


We went to a Teppenyaki grill in American Fork, and it was awesome! The . . . performing cook guy (what do you call them?) was really amazing, and Christopher went all out and ordered us a "feast for two". They weren't kidding! Appetizer, chicken, shrimp, veggies, and the most incredible filet mignon I have ever tasted. I think we both had dreams about that meat all night! After the ice cream came, we went up and saw The Dark Knight in IMAX. That movie was so cool! I thought that everyone was only talking about Heath Ledger's performance because he died, but I have to say that the Joker was just amazingly played. I am so glad we got to see it in IMAX. I really loved having such an awesome date with my hubby.


It's always funny how in some ways you can't believe it is the 5th year already, but in other ways you can't remember any other existance. I still can't believe how blessed I am to have found such a good match. Neither of us is perfect, and we still have our rough spots, but in so many ways we just compliment each other in all we do. And it is wonderful to have a few years behind us, working out all the kinks along the way. Love ya babe!


And then yesterday I needed another babysitter. Some friends in my ward here went to the BYU Women's Football Clinic last year, and invited me to come this year. It was from 5-9pm, carpooling down at 4:15. Christopher gets off work at 5 and then has scouts from 5:30-6:30. I figured since Christopher would be available for catastrophes the whole time, I could risk getting a Beehive this time. (Since I work with them, they all beg to watch my kids, and adore the munchkins to death when they come with me to meetings, but I have my fears since the girls are only 12 or 13.) Apparently things went great at home! I left a bottle, fully expecting Chris to have to drive Kaitlyn up and pull me out for a few minutes, but lo and behold she took the bottle like a pro. We ended up going out for ice cream after the clinic, and the kids were both totally taken care of and asleep by the time I got home. Sweet! Hubby did an awesome job.


And this football clinic was SO MUCH FUN! Seriously, I can't remember the last time I did anything nearly this cool. It helps that the 10 of us that went together are all complete BYU football nerds. And our husbands. As well as every single woman that went to the clinic.
After they fed us, we got to tour the locker rooms before heading back for to listen to Bronco Mendenhall (head couch) and a panel of players. It was really interesting to hear them talk about their goals as a team and field questions from all of us. Then after some autograph time, we headed out and rotated around 6 stations to run drills with the players. I mean, how awesome is it to have the quarterback show you how to throw and practice a few times? And it was fun to learn the stances of the linebackers, attempt to move a set of tackle dummies, duck around like a running back, and everything else they had us do. Like I said, it helped that my whole group was totally into this, including one girl who is about 37 weeks pregnant. They kept pestering her to make sure she was okay to do everything, but she wasn't about to miss out on the fun! Go Erica!


Okay, here are some pictures. I only had a few on my camera, so I don't have any of me running the drills until I get the pictures from everyone else's camera.


I don't know if this is actually his room, but the white board said it was, so we all took turns posing in there. Notice that she had everyone sign her shirt on top of the baby.


This is me getting Harvey Unga's autograph. "What's that he's signing", you ask? Excellent question!
Yes, that's right. I took the curtain from our basement and had them all sign it. You thought I was kidding about the nerd part, didn't ya? But hey, if you have homemade BYU curtains in your basement, why not?

And here is our whole crew with Bronco. I honestly feel blessed to have such fun women in my "ward family". Thanks again ladies!

1 comment:

Me and My Clan said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Time just flies doesn't it!?!