Well, we had our Terrific Tuesday last night, and lo and behold I actually had people make bows! More than one person, even! In fact, I had a few people say that they wanted to make some, but they didn't have enough time that night. And more worrisome, I ran out of blue and white because everybody really liked the huge "planet" bows for BYU games. I ordered more a while back, and it should be here Thursday. Very helpful. So it looks like this hobby is "to be continued", which is just fine by me. I keep finding new ones I want to try. If you are in the area, and want to be invited to our next "bow party", make a comment below and I will add you to the email list.
I think the funniest part of Terrific Tuesday is that it goes from 3-10pm. Yes, that's 7 hours to do all the crafts you signed up to do. And I think about 30% of the people leave having actually finished. I wasn't even one of them. That's how many cool crafts we had! (Or how slow we were, or how much we chatted instead of working, take your pick.) Whatever it was, a big shoutout goes to Merideth and Erica for putting that on. I have no idea how they got all of that coordinated. Thanks a billion guys!
In other news, I just discovered a new blog I think is totally hilarious. Cake Wrecks is devoted to showcasing purchased cakes that went terribly wrong. I don't think a description would do this justice though- just go check it out. Oh, and just as a disclaimer, it is a clean site, but sometimes what is funny about the cake is that they mispelled "luck" by putting on the wrong first letter, etc. I really had no problem with that, but thought I would mention it in case you open the blog in front of your 7 year old or something.
Now that the bow-making has slowed down, I can turn my attention to our next adventure. We head to Ohio on Tuesday to visit my family! Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment