Our family

Our family

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Chip off the old block

My husband has always been known for his suprising eating abilities. He loves a local sandwich place that does a "24 inch challenge", where you get a free shirt if you can eat 2 foot longs in a half an hour. He made it in 11 minutes once. The other favorite is when Wingers does all you can eat wings every year. Last year, he organized practically his whole company to come out to dinner for a contest. Technically he tied with another guy at 45 wings, but Christopher also ate his fries and the Asphalt Pie. (You should have seen the look on the waitress's face when she brought the pie after about 35 wings or so. I went to have a bite, assuming it was to share, and Christopher told me to "get your own if you want one! This one is mine." The waitress just looked back and forth at the pregnant woman who just got denied ice cream to the guy that is still eating after 35 wings. . .)

And yesterday, we had Tyler's favorite for breakfast - banana pancakes. Just pancakes with mashed banana in them, nothing fancy. Christopher and I each had 4, and felt quite satisfied. Tyler kept asking for "MURE!" until he had gone through 6 and a half. Oh, and he had 3 glasses of water or milk. Holy cow!



And as for Kaitlyn, I technically should have waited until Christmas to take this picture. But things like this are just too much fun to wait that long. You see, this is my Christmas dress. In fact, I took my first steps in that dress on Christmas morning. Kaitlyn wore it to church today, and I was hoping it would prove lucky for her since she can currently stand fairly well but hasn't taken many steps lately. No such luck, but with how much I love before and after shots, I had to make a comparison picture! I honestly don't think she looks much like I did as a baby. Who knows. I wish Kaitlyn had that much hair though. Sorry, the old picture is rather fuzzy, but I had to zoom in.

Hooray for my mommy for keeping my Christmas dress and blessing dress! It has been really fun to see my little girl wear each of them.

2 comments:

Merfy said...

That is awesome Sarah! I loved dressing my girls up in the same outfits I wore too. It is really fun to dress Alli up in Fuzzy's old things because they look identical!

Andrea said...

I have a few outfits like that too, it's too cute!!

I love those two photos! You two look so much a like.