Our family

Our family

Monday, October 26, 2009

Flour and Consequences

So the other day, I was having a very long day. One of those where nothing went right. I decided we would make homemade pizza for dinner, since the kids love to help put the toppings on, and maybe that would cheer me up. So I set the dough to rise and figured I would use the 5 minutes it needed to rest to surf the internet and cheer myself up.

It is a sign of how much I needed that break that the noise of sudden laughter fits didn't make me check on the kids.

Instead, Christopher comes home and shouts "what on EARTH?" I come downstairs, and it turns out our kids had found my flour bin. They were taking handfuls and flinging them at our glass coffee table in the front room (apparently it's hilarious, you should try it) and leaving a trail of flour between the front room and the kitchen.

Yikes.

Christopher was put on "time out" duty, which was keeping them sitting on the piano bench so they didn't step in it. And I vacuumed and wiped the best I could.

Then, the next morning, I heard it again. LAUGHTER! Quiet pause. LAUGHTER! Quiet pause. I come running down, and it was the flour bin again. At least this time they put the bin closer to the coffee table, so there wasn't a trail.

And as soon as they saw me coming, the little stink-bugs turned tail and ran - straight for the piano bench. They then both patiently sat there while I cleaned it up. Again.

Apparently the crime was TOTALLY worth the punishment.

No comments: