Is it still procrastination if I accomplish things not on the original to do list?
Because I still haven't started on the quilt or the house.
But Wednesday night we were shopping for fabric with the Beehives (we're making drawstring backpacks this week), and I found this really cute fleece remnant on clearance.
So the next day, I looked up instructions online, and made Kaitlyn and I matching hats and scarves.
I was going to make me the scarf and her a hat, but then there were enough scraps to make all of that . . . and I made a little pom pom into a clippie for her hair. Half a yard, $1.50 total.

I did make some progress on my list. I went to the Disney store to check out their Tinkerbell costume for inspiration, and it was adorable. And on sale. And in her size. And . . . now we own it. But it didn't come with shoes or a hairbow, so it's still a craft project, right? I made a pair of shoes, but I think I might try again. Tinkerbell needs more of a dainty slipper than a solid pair of shoes. But at least this pair fits her and works, and I have plenty of materials to re-try if I want to.
But I still don't know what Tyler is going to be! He just doesn't have any new interests this year. The dump truck still fits him, but that would make me sad. Since Kaitlyn is Tinkerbell and Daddy is a pirate, I have a fairy costume and I could make Tyler into Peter Pan just so we all match. But I want something that matches his personality! Hrummmph. It'll come to me soon, I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment