And then they tried to get my husband to do the same thing.
And he loved the idea.
And I freaked out and cried.
So, bless him, he didn't do it, no matter how much my brothers tried to sneak it behind my back or something. I knew that it would be over someday, and that I couldn't stop it without going back in time and marrying a different guy. But I just wanted to cling onto the dream a little bit longer!
Then, for his 30th birthday a couple of weeks ago, I told him that he could shave his head. I had a few people seem up in arms that he had to wait for "permission" from me, as though this was some control issue, but let me assure you that this goes both ways. I used to enjoy dying my hair red in high school, but my husband doesn't personally like red hair on girls. So I don't do it, because I want to be attractive to him. Likewise, he was kind enough to wait until I gave him the go ahead to shave his head off.
The effect was even stranger given that he had his beard from Halloween still. So, without further ado, the before and after.

I had to work hard to find a picture of him without a ball cap on, but there you go. Christopher with hair. This was at the Vatican, in case you were wondering.

And Christopher without hair, this last weekend at our cabin. Hopefully the pictures are big enough you can tell what is going on.
I'm getting used to it, slowly but surely. He loves it even more than he thought he would. His family didn't really like it either, especially his mom. But his co-workers were so excited that he actually shaved it while he was at work.
5 comments:
He looks like a stud! Kind of like Daughtry. I have the same feelings about my husband and his hair. I haven't caved into the idea of him shaving it yet - but I do let him cut it shorter and shorter each time. I just look forward to the resurrection :). He wore a wig on Halloween and everyone said he would be a good looking guy in the next life (he wasn't quite sure how to take that). I figure he's gotta have at least one flaw.
Wow, who is the hotty?? Ha ha, no, seriously...I think it looks really good. I tried picturing it in my head when I heard he shaved it all off, and honestly, it wasn't pretty. But, ya, Chris can definitely pull this look off.
Ha ha, sorry, accidentally hit the anonymous button...that last comment was me. :)
I think he looks good with a bald head. My husband says that when the top goes, it all goes, he will not sport the Caesar do! LOL!! I am like you, not too sure about the bald head!! But I think your husband pulls if off pretty well!
I love the no hair look! It is the shirt that I really don't like.
A UTAH fan!
Post a Comment