Our family

Our family

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cleveland Zoo

Today my parents and I took Kaitlyn to the Zoo. Kaitlyn loves zoos, because she is enjoying learning the names of all the animals and their sounds. We were nervous when we got there and saw the hundred or so school buses and felt the sticky heat, but we had the best day!



Unfortunatly for you, animals are fun to take pictures of, especially when you have a long range zoom lens. So you guys get subjected to those pictures.



At home, her hair is mildly curly. Here in humidity land, her hair is VERY curly. Awesome. Oh, and did you know that at this zoo, you can pay to ride a camel? How cool/odd is that? We didn't, but this kid did.



It is rather fun to be with Grandpa and Grandma and my kids, if only because I remember how cute they are. Sometimes I get bogged down with the day to day dealings, but they think taking care of her is a special treat.



It was very kind of this cheetah to take a nap near us. Kaitlyn liked pointing out every body part and talking about him a lot.



Anyway, it is a great zoo. It was much bigger than the Hogle Zoo, and so we didn't really mind the crowds. And despite the huge hill we had to climb, it was okay because there was an air-conditioned building at the top, and an air-conditioned place for lunch. Not to mention that the walkway you come down on is fun.



These painted dinosaurs were everywhere. I don't know why, exactly, but they were cool.



The grass is truly greener on the other side of the fence . . .



Yeah, this is how I spent my day. Not being able to photoshop before I post pictures feels odd, but I figured it would be more important to keep up with things. And today was a good day.


No comments: