Our family

Our family

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bad pictures, good weekend

Well, this hasn't been a good weekend on the camera. I either forgot to bring it with me, had things on the wrong setting, or left my flash behind when I really needed it. This all resulted with me feeling like I spent too much time taking pictures, and now having nothing to show for it.

Sigh.

Anyway, a word about what we have been up to. The day after we got back from St. Thomas was the day that Tyler started at his new school. On Mondays and Wednesdays we have "Community Outings" group where a parent goes with the child and the teachers to different activities in the valley. So far we have gone bowling, walked up to Bridal Veil Falls for some splash time, and yesterday was the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving point. It has been a great little group! There are only four little kiddos with four parents and two teachers, and Tyler has really enjoyed it all so far. Here we are at the Dinosaur Museum with Sean and Arlen (his classmates), and his teacher Sabre. I can't believe I didn't bring my flash to an indoor, dimly lit museum . . .



Anyway, I had never been to the Museum before, but it was pretty good. They had a lot of sensory things for toddlers to do, which is good for me. There were puzzles to sort, and dinosaurs to build, and more than one place to play in the sand.



And of course, dinosaur skeletons of some T-Rexes ganging up on other dinosaurs.



So far, I am loving this new school! Taking him to Provo and back each day is a lot of driving, but I am trying to make the best of it by combining errands and gym trips with it. And if it helps, it is worth it.

Anyway, last weekend, Christopher ran his first relay race. That thing was huge! Each team had 12 people, and there were 1000 teams. Chris was on a team my aunt and uncle put together, and it wasn't a particularly competitive team. One of their members was 78 years old, for example. But Christopher still had a great time. He got to meet Sione, from the Biggest Loser, at the starting line. The overnight part wasn't as fun- he ran one of his legs of the race at 2am or so - but it was still a good trip. I would post pictures of his team, but . . . yeah, bad camera weekend.



And last week was Strawberry Days in our little town. We didn't participate too much this year- just a trip to the boutique one afternoon or so. But we love going to the rodeo. It is kinda the only "country" thing I do or see every year! Thankfully this year we got some front row seats so the kids could stretch their legs a bit. Kaitlyn really liked flattening herself to the fence so she could see the "horseys" up close.

So yeah- that's life right now! It is good to be back in the groove of things after all of our trips.

No comments: