Our family

Our family

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A pile of random pictures

I tried to think of a title that gathered all of this together, but . . . yup. This is as good as it gets.

First off, last weekend I went to the cabin to amuse myself while Christopher hiked Timp overnight with his scouts. I figured that since it was so warm outside, I would dig out the old pool that I never use and let the kids play.

I forgot it was three feet in diameter. Poor kids. Also, the hose water in the mountains is especially cold. But they seemed to like wading in it.



Notice the murky water. Kaitlyn decided to dump a bucket of sand in there. I guess she decided it needed a more beachy feel, eh?

I also tried out a new slip n slide. Tyler loved this thing, but Kaitlyn wanted nothing to do with it. She would tell me "Tyler's turn!", "Mommy's turn!", but if I said "Ka-ken's turn?" she would say "NO!" (Ka-ken, by the way, is what she calls herself.)




I have also been having fun taking pictures at the cabin. I love it!





The Buzztones performed for PG's Concert in the Park series again, which is always great.



It is a free concert on Sunday nights, and everyone just sets up lawn chairs and blankets to come and listen.



Christopher even had a solo!



Afterward, Daddy had Tyler carry his trombone case around, which was hilarious to watch. But he was very serious about his new job.



Of course, we also need to check out what is inside, too.



The next week, Tyler's school group went to try out miniature golfing. The task was a bit tricky for the little man, but he got into the idea of getting the ball into the hole just fine. Usually he pushed the ball around in a granny shot motion, but the idea was there.



They are a fun group!



And then for July 4th weekend we were hosting parties up at the cabin. When we first invited Christopher's family up for Saturday lunch, it looked like no one would come. But we ended up having about 25-30 people there! I would have pictures, but . . . I was playing hostess. And same thing on Monday. We had some friends from Christopher's work come to play, and I don't have too many pictures of that either. But I had to find the camera for this.



Kaitlyn was already dirty from the sandbox, but we went back to watch Daddy go around the dirt bike track and she fell flat on her face. And every time I saw her after that I burst out laughing at how dirty she was!



I love our hummingbird feeder! Interestingly enough, I have discovered that we get more birds with sugar water than we do with humingbird food from the store. But we sure get a lot of these guys.




Mostly, I love just sitting on the hammock and staring at the trees above me.



But Daddy likes building a fire. And roasting hot dogs.



Yum.

2 comments:

Me and My Clan said...

Oh...finally, I can comment. I haven't been able to for a while for some reason. It wouldn't let me click on the "comment" icon. Anyway...that picture of Kaitlyn all dirty is hilarious! Love it! Those PG concerts in the park sound like fun. We'll have to try that out some time.

AffleckFam said...

Those pictures of Kaitlyn post-faceplant in the dirt still make me laugh.