Our family

Our family

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jon Schmidt and more cabin pics

So, story time. When I first came to Utah, I dated a guy my Freshman year who liked Jon Schmidt. In fact, he and his sister used to race to see who could play Waterfalls the fastest. I think I will consider myself amazing if I ever get through that piece.

Well, he asked me to Homecoming and picked one particular location because they were going to have Jon Schmidt play. But when we got there, we found that he was only playing on one of the nights. We picked the wrong one. So my date sat at the piano and played Jon Schmidt songs in consolation (he was a bit sad about it). I think some people actually thought he was the guy.

So I have always wanted to see Jon Schmidt! And lo and behold, Jon came to play for our stake's Youth Conference. I had no actual reason to be there, but my husband did . . . and told me I could come. Yeah!




The rest of my life is just spent going back and forth to the cabin. There is something about taking pictures of hummingbirds that I love. I guess it is a challenge in many ways- but also rather accessible since the birds love our feeder. I just set up my tripod and wait for them to come into my trap.




Tyler, on the other hand, loves digging in the sandbox. And wearing the bucket on his head.





We all love going out for a ride though!




Especially Kaitlyn, who thinks she can drive.

No comments: