Our family

Our family

Monday, July 19, 2010

More summer school

This little summer program has been a lot of fun. I was hoping to learn more "tricks of the trade" to help Tyler at home, but I think one thing I learned is that just having activities to involve him in is one of the best things I can do. You know, getting out of the house or just off our routine and seeing the world around us. I am really sad this is our last week!

Well, let's see, we have a trip to a farm up in Sandy. That was one hot day, but the kids had fun. Tyler liked feeding the ducks a lot.



We explored a treehouse,





climbed on some bales of hay,



rode on a "horse",



and rode on a wagon ride.



Then came the big activity - horseback riding! There is a great program in our area that specializes in horseback riding for kiddos with disabilities of all kinds. They have found it can be really calming and therapudic for them, and they did a wonderful job with our little group.



Tyler might not have been as impressed as I would have hoped, but he did like it and did a fairly good job picking up the commands.



While everyone else had their turn, he enjoyed playing with these little cars off to the side . . . with his helmet on. If you took it off for him, the quickly put it back on. I love that he actually made the tow truck tow that other car. That kid knows his vehicles!



Today we went to an aquarium, and it was a very crowded place. But Tyler enjoyed checking out all the fish, running through the tunnels, and laughed for quite a while when the sting ray tried to come up the side of the tank at him.

1 comment:

Merfy said...

I am so glad it has been a great experience for him and for you!