Our family

Our family

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dressing up

We have had a fun week!  First of all, last Monday we went to a birthday party for a good friend. 


The theme for the night was 80s, so there was some awesome 80s music playing, and we could all dress up in 80s gear.  My husband got to break out his MC Hammer pants again, and I even whipped up some leg warmers.  It was so fun!


Tyler started up summer school last week, which was a lot of driving.  But he has already converted a whole new group of teachers to his cuteness.  By the second day, they were all excited to tell me how adorable he is.  Apparently, they were encouraging him to draw a heart.  It took a couple of tries, but he eventually made a perfect one.  And when everyone congratulated him on doing such a good job, he got excited about it and drew a big smiley face.  "I am so HAPPY!"

Love that guy.

Anyway, while he was at school one day Kaitlyn and I dashed out to the Princess Festival, since Daddy got a free ticket from work.  They have little girls all come dressed up, and have a lot of Princesses wandering around to visit with.  Kaitlyn loved the carriage at the beginning.


I think the hokey plays went over her head a little bit, but I could tell a lot of effort went into it all.  They all talked about how each Princess should focus, not on her beauty, but on "finding the magic within".  And besides all the money going towards a charity, they also had stations where the girls could draw pictures to thank soldiers or help tie some quilts to donate.


Kaitlyn's shyness came up again, but she did like the idea of the Princesses signing her book.


And then I decided that it might be fun to have my boys match for Father's day.  I saw some ties at a boutique that would have matched, but the two together would have been over $30.  So I had Tyler pick out two ties from Ross and I adjusted one to fit Tyler.  When Daddy opened that present this morning, he said "well, I'll look forward to looking as handsome as Tyler!"


These two have been best buddies for some time now.  I know most people expect boys to be "momma's boys", but this little guy will sometimes run around me and my oustretched hand to hold Daddy's hand.  I would be sad, except I love watching them together.  And of course, I have to toss in a Father's day picture from five years ago.


As for today, we wasted our pre-church time having eggs benedict, so Kaitlyn's hair did not get touched.  But she wanted to have a picture with Daddy anyway.


And then Daddy went back to playing with his buddy.


I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband, and I am so glad that he loves being a Daddy!

And speaking of Daddy, he has run a couple of races these last two weekends, but I don't have good pictures of either one really.  He ran the PGTRI a week ago.  But that day, his left calf siezed up a few feet from the starting line.  The rest of the 5K was pretty miserable for him, but thankfully the biking and swimming were a bit easier on the injury.  After all that, he still got 10th place in the little triathalon!  He was really worried, since he had another race this weekend, but thankfully his leg healed right up and he was able to run RAGNAR.

No comments: