Our family

Our family

Friday, June 10, 2011

Swim lessons

So ever since we moved here, we have always loved the sounds of summer.  For us, that means hearing swim lessons next door.  Our neighbors have a nice pool, and have been running swim lessons for years as a summer job for their kids.  She kept apologizing about the noise when we first moved in, but I honestly love hearing the happy shrieks and splashes!  And this year, I finally had a potty-trained kid to send over and join them!  Hooray!

First of all, though, we needed to fix our fence.  There was a tree growing in the fence that divided us from the pool, and the whole fence over there was ready for a good kick to send it over.  Since they need to have the pool securely locked (especially from our wandering toddlers) , it was time for a new fence. 


Ta-da!  Complete with a gate lockable on both sides.

And then, Kaitlyn's first day of lessons- when I only brought my tiny camera.


Honestly, that girl was one big huge grin the entire time.  Her little class was cute - they would huddle on the steps and bounce in glee while Alicia played games with them.  She also took turns taking them out to kick, blow bubbles, and "dig ice cream scoops" out in the pool.  I loved watching that, because most of the kids would only do one or two of those three things at a time.  If they were kicking and swinging their arms, all motions stopped when they blew bubbles.


We're going to pretend I wanted the camera to focus on the water and not on Kaitlyn.  It is a cool effect, even it wasn't what I was going for.


Kaitlyn's favorite game was "red light, green light", because she loved the splashing most of all.  She actually got more frightened of jumping in as the week went on, which was a bummer.  But she sure loved the splashing.


We'll have to work with her a lot more, but it was a fun start to the summer!

No comments: