We had a great Halloween this year. It has been especially fun to see how excited Kaitlyn gets over everything. I think every holiday this year has been like that, actually. What an easy to please age! Impatient, but easy to please.
One of the things we did this year was go to a pumpkin farm. Unfortunately, the night we got to go was rather cold - but there were too many fun things to do for the kids to be too upset about that.
There was a petting zoo . . .
Pony rides . . .
A big slide . . .
Some swings and little bikes. . .
And an animal train ride.
After all of that, we took a hayride to the well picked-over pumpkin patch and got some little pumpkins for the kids. They wanted to just grab the first ones they saw in pure excitement, but we managed to get a couple of good ones in the end.
The next night, Christopher and I headed to the annual Scallywag Swoiree that his boss hosts. He really goes all out for these parties - and this year he had a professional photographer that took pictures and printed them out for you.
Arrr!
On to Halloween itself. We hadn't gotten a chance to carve the pumpkins yet, so I brought everything outside and showed the kids how to scoop their pumpkins out. I decided that those little baby pumpkins were actually the way to go after all - very easy!
After that, they drew a picture of the face they wanted on their pumpkin and supervised while I carved it out. I think they came out pretty cute.
Once Daddy got home and we had some dinner, it was time to head out Trick or Treating! Kaitlyn was so excited that she actually came to us at 8:30 this morning in Princess attire and said "let's go get treats!" I told her we had to wait until after dinner, and then she asked me if we could "have dinner now" about five times before we even had lunch.
The third pumpkin, by the way, is the one thing I grew successfully in my garden. The vine for that pumpkin took over like a weed.
Oh, and Kaitlyn's bag was a fun story too. There is a store near us that sells Pottery Barn seconds, which are usually things that have random names embroidered on them. I love it because I can just take the name off and have great stuff. But this little basket came with the name "Kaitlyn" on it! Her spelling even! Can't beat a personalized bag that matched her outfit for $3.
When I quizzed them before we knocked, they both knew they would say "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you" - but without fail, every time the door opened they would freeze like deer in the headlights. They sure loved it though.













No comments:
Post a Comment